THE FOUR PILLARS OF FITNESS
At SMAC, our fitness team encourages all members to be F.I.T. – Focused In (your) Training program.
Whether you are trying to squeeze in a workout during the work day to re-energize or feel better, relieving stress from a long day, or working towards a specific fitness goal- our fitness floor is staffed throughout the day to help answer any questions you have.
How do we keep you F.I.T.?
Smart Start Orientations
All new members can take advantage of a complimentary Movement Consultation within their first 90 days of joining.
- Our SMAC Movement Consultations are designed to provide you with an experience that will help you understand the best path in order to take from where you currently are to where you would like to be.
- This opportunity will allow you to connect with one of our expert personal trainers and start your fitness journey on the right path.
- We will perform any necessary movement assessments and review your form for the most foundational movements: Squat, Hinge, Push, Pull, and Rotation. These motions will be modified based on your current fitness level so you will understand the safest and most effective way to begin your fitness program.
You will leave this session feeling motivated to work towards your goals and should have a better understanding of how to combat the obstacles you are facing.
SMAC Fit Pass Small Group Training
SMAC Fit Pass is a monthly TRAINING PROGRAM. It is small group training at your fingertips that allows you to have progressive training with a personal trainer to keep you motivated and accountable each week. Sessions can be chosen based on your specific goals and needs. Your program can include the following:
- Strength/Power Sessions
- Core/Balance Sessions
- Cardio/Weight-Loss Sessions
- Flexibility/Mind-Body Sessions
This monthly program is designed to keep you committed and consistent. Our small group sessions have a max of 5-7 participants, so you will receive individualized attention from your trainer. All sessions require RSVP at least 24 hours in advance based on availability.
To see our current schedule & learn more about SMAC Fit Pass Small Group Training CLICK HERE
Personal Training Sessions
We offer a variety of personal training packages for Individual 1-on-1 and Duo (2 people) Training Sessions.
Benefits of SMAC Personal Training include:
- Thorough and continuous assessments: Initial assessments may be done to evaluate postural asymmetries in addition to identifying movement dysfunctions. Our goal is to first make you move better and then to have you move more throughout the day. How your body performs from day-to-day will vary, so our trainers are equipped with the expertise to work with that variation and adjust your program as needed.
- Customized program design that will change as we assess how you adapt to movements and allow us to modify your program with proper progression. Have you been doing the same workouts and not getting results? Our bodies need to be challenged in all planes of motion, so if you are already sitting all day at work and then coming to the gym and sitting on machines you may not be training your movement appropriately. Our trainers will implement a variety of exercises that will challenge your body in all planes of motion to withstand the challenges of every day demands and more importantly, prevent you from postural dysfunction that leads to injuries.
- Have real accountability: It is easy to skip a workout when it is not a priority in your schedule. You will be more likely to make it a priority when you are being held accountable by your personal trainer. Consistency is the key to unlocking your health & fitness goals. Have a coach on your team that will consistently address all aspects of mindset, movement, nutrition, and recovery to keep you seeing results and long-term health benefits.
- Feel better training with a trainer than when exercising on your own. Some trainers only focus on training hard, but our trainers are good at helping you train smart. Your body will only thrive if you have a program that balances the right amount of stress with the appropriate elements of recovery. Having a trainer to strategically implement the proper exercise prescription will guarantee that you will feel better after every session and avoid injuries and health complications due to under-recovery. Our job is to make sure that you are exercising safely & effectively.
Fitness Floor Staff
Our Fitness Staff will be walking the floor throughout the day. Look for them in the green shirts or black personal training shirts. Ask our fitness staff:
- To show you around the fitness floor
- On how to use specific pieces of equipment
- For a spot during a free weight exercise
- About our personal trainers and fitness programs
- About our member feedback system