WHAT IS PILATES?
Pilates is a form of full body conditioning that helps build flexibility, long, lean muscles and strength and endurance resulting in a strong core, improved coordination, alignment, posture, balance and overall muscle tone. The Pilates method is named after Joseph H. Pilates, who developed a system of whole body exercises that integrate the body and mind. Professional dancers have used Pilates for decades. Elite athletes use it for strength, flexibility and injury prevention. Pilates exercises can be modified for each person and still be extremely effective. You can go from basic movements to very advanced, depending on how a student needs to progress or how badly they are injured. Whether you are taking your fitness program to the next level or just finishing physical therapy, Pilates is an excellent way to achieve and maintain optimal fitness and overall well-being. Let our highly qualified instructors take you through a demo to experience the true essence of Pilates.
Experience the Benefits of Pilates
- Promotes weight loss, longer and leaner muscles
- Increased core strength
- Improved flexibility & mobility
- Decreased pain & stiffness
- Improved posture & alignment
- Improved muscular balance.
- Injury prevention
- Increased energy
- Greater mind-body awareness
- Reduced stress
- Increased circulation
- Whole-body fitness: train the body as an integrated whole
- Adaptable to many fitness levels & needs
Which Packages are Best for Me?
- One-On-One Sessions: During your private session, you will work primarily on the Studio Reformer and the Wunda Chair. Your instructor will customize your workout according to your needs and may include other Pilates apparatus such as the Trapeze Table and the Ladder Barrel.
- Duet Sessions: Bring a friend and learn Pilates together-when training with a partner, motivation can be stronger and results can be greater than training alone. In duets, you and your partner will also use the same apparatus used in private sessions.
- Group Reformer Sessions: Our Group Reformer sessions consist of 3-5 people working on our Studio Reformers, which use a sliding carriage and adjustable springs to regulate tension and resistance. Cables, bars, straps and pulleys allow the exercises to be done in a variety of positions.
- Pilates Apparatus Sessions: Our Pilates Apparatus sessions also consist of 3-5 people. You will work on the Studio Reformer, the Wunda Chair, Towers, and Ladder Barrel in a circuit type of class. The instructor may also include Mat Pilates exercises for an additional challenge in your workout.
To view our current Group Reformer and Pilates Apparatus schedule, click HERE. Select Pilates Group sessions are also included in the SMAC Fit Pass. For more information or any Pilates-related questions, email Sybille Draper at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (650) 378-7412 ext. 6025.
Meet our Pilates Instructors